BRETTON, S.C. — A ceiling fan failed in a South Carolina home, leaving one person dead.
The homeowner, whose name is not being released, told police he was trying to fix a cracked window that had broken out, according to the Brunswick Police Department.
When he turned the fan on, the electrical circuit failed, and the fan began to spin.
He then went into a panic.
Police said the homeowner called 911 and reported the incident to the department’s SWAT team.
The suspect was taken into custody and charged with second-degree murder, aggravated battery and malicious damage to property.
The home has a capacity of 2,000 square feet, and a garage has a 3,000-square-foot capacity.